Working in the care sector is not just a job it is a vocation, and Coate Water Care is constantly on the lookout for people with the compassionate qualities needed for a sometimes challenging yet always highly rewarding career.
Coate Water Care is an experienced, family-run care home provider, committed to delivering the highest standards of person-centred care to older people in our residential and nursing homes. To build upon our success stories, we rely on our passionate and dedicated staff at all levels.
We currently have vacancies for a Care Assistant and a Registered Nurse at the lovely Avebury House Care Home in Devizes.
As a Care Assistant in Devizes, you will develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues. You will provide assistance to serve meals and beverages, encouraging and assisting in the feeding of residents as per their requirements. You will contribute to the creation and development of effective person-centred care plans.
You will ensure bedroom areas are kept tidy, pleasant and comfortable by making beds, regularly changing bed linen and emptying commodes and also ensure the regular cleaning of equipment involved in personal care of residents, including wheelchairs.
As a Registered Nurse in Devizes, you will be working closely with each resident, you'll assess their needs - delivering a care plan that helps each person to live a fuller life. Providing the very best levels of clinical care, you'll make sure that all procedures are carried out to the highest standards, optimising the well-being of every resident.
You see every person in your care as an individual, and work closely with the wider team to create an environment that delivers skilled nursing care - clear communication, and respect and dignity for everyone. As well as fellow Nurses, you have the reassurance of working directly alongside Senior Care Leads with 24/7 on-call support from other Clinical and Quality experts.
In Swindon we have two vacancies as Senior Care Assistants at Downs View Care Centre in the quiet rural hamlet of Badbury. The key responsibilities of our Senior Care Assistants in Swindon include:
- Deliver a high level of personal and psychological care to all residents in a professional manner, arranging rotas to meet their care requirements e.g. medications; toileting; bathing; etc.
- Supervise, support and act as a point of reference for the staff on duty, acting as a motivator and mentor promoting team-working for both care staff and co-worker senior staff.
- Ensure the individual rights of residents and staff are safeguarded in accordance with the Home's philosophy of care and in the wider care sector by being aware of the working practices and activities being actioned.
- Provide an efficient telephone and enquiry service to the general public and relatives, by listening to what is required and when necessary seeking the answers and calling the person back.
- Accept responsibility for a specialist area (to be agreed) to be controlled and managed by you for the benefit of the Management/Senior Carer Team.
When joining Coate Water Care in any of these posts, we will offer you:
- 5.6 weeks annual holiday per annum (including public holidays)
-Career development pathways and formal training opportunities
- Free uniform
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus Scheme Great working environment in lovely residential care homes
- Free social and networking events
For a full description of all the above vacancies and how to apply, go to our ‘Careers in Care’ page on our website. You can also call 01793 821200 with any questions about these roles.