Allan Corfield Architects (ACA) are seeking an architect, based near Swindon, who has a passion for low energy residential projects.
Established in 2009, award-winning ACA has been helping self-builders design their dream homes. Specialising in the growing custom and self-build sector we have completed over 380 projects, spread across the length of the UK.
Working predominately on residential projects; including small extensions, one-off homes and large housing developments, ACA provides architecture, energy assessment and now structural engineering services on all of our low energy eco homes.
These are built around the fabric first approach, utilising modern methods of construction such as structural insulated panels (SIPs), timber frame and insulating concrete formwork (ICF).
ACA utilise 3D BIM software ArchiCAD throughout the design process and have two virtual reality studios, where our clients (and team) can design and visualise in an immersive 3D environment.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a talented and outgoing architect to join our team. You will split your time between working from home and from our stand at the National Self Build & Renovation Centre in Swindon.
This is a unique opportunity for a driven architect, who is used to a faster pace than most and has the ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Focusing on initial design up to planning stage, utilising ArchiCAD. However, you must be able to see through a project from inception to site handover.
- Reporting to Associates or Managing Director.
- The ability to manage other team members and schedule project workloads.
- You will be confident in meeting new clients and have a requirement to secure new commissions.
- Represent ACA at various homes shows across England.
Skills & Experience
- ARB registered Architect with a minimum of 5 years UK experience
- Strong ArchiCAD or equivalent skills in 3D BIM software package
- Experience in the design of Fabric First or Passive House homes
- The ability to speak on behalf of ACA and secure new commissions
- £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
- Lucrative new business sales bonus scheme
- 30-day holiday allocation, including public holidays
- 5% company pension contribution
- Flexible working hours and location
- Part remote (working from home) and part working from the National Self Build & Renovation Centre in Swindon.
To apply please email your CV and examples of your work to email@example.com